Monday, August 31, 2009

Book Review: "The Noticer"

Hey guys, I recently became an official book reviewer for Thomas Nelson. How it works, is they send me free books, and all I need to do is post a review of the book on my blog as well as on a public consumer retail site. I will be doing this regularly. The first book that I received from them was "The Noticer."

The Noticer is an interesting book about a man named Jones. Jones is an older man who has a remarkable gift, the gift of perception. He is able to perceive things that most others are not able to see. He is a homeless drifter who has an uncanny ability to meet people in their most desperate of times. The author of the book, Andy Andrews, tells of when he was a homeless teenager living under a pier, with both parents dead and with no family or friends. One night, an old man named Jones finds him under the pier and gives him the best talk of his life, one that encourages Andy to live life to the fullest.

The book also goes through several accounts of the members of a town that were at one point in a desperate state of mind. They were suddenly met by Jones, who offered simply a bit of perspective, changing their lives forever.

The Noticer is a very touching book that encourages everyone to plant seeds in the people around them. It is important to remember that everyone has a purpose in life, and we are all here for a reason. I recommend this book to everyone who is looking for just a little perspective in life.

2 comments:

  1. How'd you get your book already?! I'm STILL waiting on mine and I signed up before you. What's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha when I signed up to read this book, I didn't realize that all they had of it was an e-book, cuz they already gave away all their hard copies. All I had to do was download a PDF of it. So I sat at a computer and read this book in about 4 hours yesterday lol.

    ReplyDelete